Friday, May 04, 2007

A Gem...

So I have discovered a gem. I have been a long time fan of Patty Griffin, and all of her albums are amazing. But she recently came out with her new album, Children Running Through, Nate got it for me on itunes, and I LOVE it. You may have noticed my recent addition "Music" to my blog. The song that is there currently is "Heavenly Day" and it is a Heavenly song. I love it...it makes me feel so happy and light, like I am laying or running around barefoot in a field of dandelions and daisys, on a beautiful day, with someone I love (like my husband for example :). The whole album is fantastic. It's one of those albums that you can put on and listen to the entire thing without having to skip the ones you don't like. All of the songs have beautiful orchestrations and have so much emotion in them. I encourage all to check it out. At the very bottom of my blog, I have a playlist with some songs from her other albums, 1000 Kisses and Impossible Dream, which I also highly recommend.

2 comments:

mj said...

that IS a fantastic song - thanks for sharing! I'll have to check her out.

Summer Adams said...

Oooh, I like her! THanks for a great recommendation.