Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Saw me some shows...

While Maren and Julia were in town, they invited me to go to some shows with them. We saw Altar Boyz, which is an Off-Broadway spoof on boy bands. It reminds me a lot of that movie called Sons of Provo, as they were a Christian boy band. It was hilarious, and Neil from So You Think You Can Dance was in it. I had no idea he could sing.


We also saw Phantom of the Opera, which I hadn't seen since I was little, and it was spectacular. The guy who played the Phantom was amazing. When I got back home, I listened some YouTube videos of Michael Crawford and the guy who played ours, Howard McGillan I think, and I did not think Michael Crawford was very good at all. He had kind of a whiny voice, except when he hit the super awesome high notes. I am surprised he was so famous for that role. So anyway, yeah, our dude was awesome. I could listen to him sing "Music of the night" all day long.

6 comments:

Leesa said...

How fun! You look beautiful!!

Lark said...

I saw Altar Boyz a few years ago in Tucson and also thought it was quite funny.
Looks like you have been busy doing lots of fun stuff. You're going to want to live in the city forever!

jularun7 said...

thanks again for letting us crash. i had so much fun. let's make a date for the next show! :)

Bethanne said...

I loved Neil from SYTYCD! :) What a fun time!

alliehoopes said...

Sigh. I too love Neil.

Morgan said...

julia~ i'll see a show with you anytime! so awesome that it is so cheap and fast for you to come out here. i imagine that when you and jona come our here again, you wouldn't want our kids to be waking you up at the crack of dawn, but just know that you are always welcome!