Thursday, November 01, 2007

Pumpkin carvin' time!

On Monday night, we decided to have a full on Family Night, complete with lesson and activity of pumpkin carving (although the evening really revolved around the activity, as we did that first, and only had a lesson while waiting for the pumpkin seeds to finish!). We invited my sister Jillian and her boyfriend Aaron to join in on the festivities as well. Now, I am not usually a big Halloween person, but for some reason, I felt like getting into the spirit this year. It has literally been years since any of us had carved pumpkins, but it turned out to be pretty fun. Nate was not particularly into the idea, but he did it anyway, if only to humor me! We weren't super creative with our pumpkin, but I still thought he was cute! We even roasted pumpkin seeds...YUM! My mom always used to do that when we were younger! They were delish and probably the best part of the evening!!

No comments: