Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Puppy+baby=disaster

So, today has been one of those mornings, and it's only 7:30 am. I actually had a fabulous night sleep. I didn't wake up once, when usually I am aroused multiple times do to Nate's snoring (so annoying). But this morning, I only woke up once at 6 am to let the dog out. Then I went back to sleep for a little while until Asher woke up around 10 to 7. Totally fine. So I feed Asher, let him play, etc etc. Let Annie in to play, and this is where is all begins. Now mornings are always the hardest with a puppy. She has been locked up all night, and now only wants to run, play, and chew, oh, and go to the bathroom! So I begin with my usual routine of telling her no and taking things away from her that she is not suppsed to chew, aka Asher's toys, giving her her bone or chew toys instead, only to have her back chewing something else 2 seconds later. This morning was particularly annoying for some reason. So anyway, I get on the computer to check my email and some blogs, and we have wireless so I am sitting right here, watching everyone, still stopping every minute or two to correct some puppy/baby incident. Then I get up for some reason, I can't remember why now, and walk into the kitchen, and in walking, I pass Asher. I do a double take and realize what he is playing with....POO!!! SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK, I cannot say SICK enough times.

Obviously it is Annie's poop, although she had already gone once this morning, and hadn't eaten yet, so she normally wouldn't go twice until eating, so I wasn't watching for her to need to go. Anyway, needless to say I freaked out that Asher was touching poop like it was no big deal, like it was play-dough. I took him straight to the bathroom and scrubbed scrubbed scrubbed. Annie is still outside whining. Supposedly puppies don't know why you're punishing them unless you catch them in the act, so you're not supposed to do it. I don't even care, in my mind, she needs to be punished, even if she has no idea why. Oooh I was so mad. I was actually mad at both of them, as if Asher knew what he was doing, but seriously, does he NEED to touch EVERYTHING?! So, I'm sure those of you who have thought about getting a puppy will think twice now. Which you should. Seriously people, it's not the easiest thing in the world to have a baby and a puppy, and personally, I would take the baby over the puppy anyday! Ok, so there is a lovely picture for you to start your day with. Hope you enjoy it.

PS I still love both of my babies, but man, they can be little pains in the my rear sometimes, especially when they are working together!

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

And that is why I will NEVER get a dog.

Melanie and Will said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! Sick is right. So, Will REALLY wants to get a dog BAD!!! We already have 2 cats (which are mine) and I'm just not really a dog person. Guess he needs to read this entry!

Hannah said...

haha. That is totally funny!! (And soooo sick!) Good thing they are both so cute...

The Lambs said...

a little poo never hurt anyone! yeah for soap and water, though!

buhlersdayoff said...

Sorry but all I can say is that I am glad it was you and not me!! That is funny but gross all at the same time. I would have to agree with the lambs when they say thank goodness for soap and water I have no idea what the pioneers etc did?!!

mj said...

morg, although i'm laughing my pants off right now, that really is gross and i really am sad for you. i'm going to have ryan read this so he won't want to get a puppy anymore. it's just one more item on my list of why i will never have pets...#1 of which is because i'm pet retarded. too bad there are no pics of this eventful morning, though. hahaha.

jillian said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I can imagine the look on your face when you looked over at Asher and saw poo in his hands. I'm glad you decided to share this with us...I miss you guys so much! I needed a little Morgan moment to tide me over until our Tahoe trip!

whitney said...

um, i just threw up a little in my mouth. that is seriously disgusting. at least asher didn't eat it, or did he? just another for me never to own a dog. thank you for reaffirming that.

Alexandra and Benjamin said...

hmmm... I've been thinking about getting a dog, but I don't know now. Maybe I can just get an already perfectly trained one?

And btw, yes, teaching will now be my full time job. Hurrah!