Monday, August 15, 2011

Is it Fall yet?

 
Yesterday and today have been rainy and cold-ish out here on the east coast. So this morning when I woke up to darkness and clouds and rain, what came to mind was fall, and with that, pumpkin bread. So yes, today, August 15th, I made pumpkin bread, and it was delicious. Although when I was looking in my cookbook for the recipe, there was a recipe for lemon bread on the page across from it. I probably should have made that instead... more season appropriate. Oh well. Next week perhaps.
Asher and I were going to do it together, but it ended up being me making it while Asher made a mess of the family room.  He still looks super cute though.

This does bring up the question: "am I ready for Fall?", and you know, I think I just might be.  Summer has been great and fun, relaxed, and... HOT, but I think I am ready for cooler temps, warm comfort food, jeans and long sleeves, and a little more structure.  Almost, anyway.  Give me a few more weeks.  But Asher does start school this week (more on that later), so maybe that's why I feel like I'm in the Fall mindset.  I do, however, have to be very careful about wishing for the start of cooler weather, because it will only mean the beginning of a long, cold winter indoors.  Blah.  Got to appreciate the warm weather while I can.

So yeah.  Anyway... pumpkin bread in August.  Try it! :)

No comments: