Friday, March 09, 2007

Asher Babino

Well, Asher is getting cuter and cuter every day. He is also getting more mobile everyday. I realized yesterday that we are going to have to start childproofing our house soon. Asher doesn't even crawl yet, only roles around all over the place, but he already gets into stuff that he shouldn't. It is so different to leave him for a second and come back and have him be in a completely different place. I think he has figured out how to get to where he wants to go by roling strategically, allowing himself to turn this way and that. It is so funny. For example...




He sees the toy that he wants...














He roles and obtains the toy...














Then he grabs the toy and is off, taking it to an unknown destination! Probably towards the cords under the bench, that is a favorite place of his to go.

He is such a funny little kid. He is at this age where everything is so exciting and new. It's like he is soaking everything in. The last couple of days I have noticed that when I have him in his high chair, and I go to turn on the water in the sink, he starts to laugh. It is the funniest thing. I don't know what he thinks when he hears the water running, but he loves it. He will be whining, and I turn the water on, and he just laughs. So cute!

We went to Borders last weekend for a family outing, (Nate and I used to always go there for dates before we had Asher) and I have to say, it was a little annoying to have Asher with us. Not because he was in the way or a burden or anything like that. Just like his daddy, Asher LOVES books. I don't know what he is trying to do with them when he gets his hands on one, but he never seems to be satisfied with what he is doing with the book. So being in a bookstore where there are endless rows of books, he was going crazy. Everytime I picked something up, he would whine because he wanted it. Then I would give it to him and he would whine...why? I don't know, probably because it wasn't doing what he wanted it to do!

Like Father, like Son...











The last couple of days in Provo have been absolutely beautiful. So I decided to take Asher outside so that he could discover the great outdoors from a different perspective other than from his stroller. So we went and sat on our dead front lawn on a blanket. He LOVED it! He would just laugh and get so excited, and he loves grass. I think he is probably more intrigued by it than in love with it. But it occured to me that he has never felt grass. This summer is going to be so exciting, he will be experiencing so many new things, things that we see and take for granted every day. Having a kid is so cool that way. You get to watch them learn and experience everything. They are so curious about this strange world we live in. So I've been thinking about all these things I want to do with him now. I can't wait to see how reacts to things like, going on a swing for the first time, swimming, going down a slide, the sand at the beach, animals, etc, etc. Such an exciting time, I just thought I would share!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Morgan...he is such a cutie! Isn't it crazy how fast they grow up and how much they change? I love just watching Erika walk around and discover new things. I wish I could know what was going on in that little head of hers!

Hope you guys have a good weekend!