Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Bragging rights...


So I just have to brag a little bit about my amazingly talented hubby! As I have mentioned before, Nate wrote a book about contest fiddling that is being published by Melbay. Well, he sent the book to Strings Magazine (which happens to be the leading magazine for string musicians nationwide) to see if they would review it. Well, I'm sure they get hundreds of requests to do reviews for people's books, and seeing as how they only do three an issue (1 issue per month), that's a lot of books that aren't getting chosen to be reviewed/ recommended. Well, to the point now... Nate got his Strings Magazine today, and opened it up to find HIS book in there, being positively reviewed and recommended!! He was soooo excited, as he should be. I am so proud of him! He has had such success with the sales of his book, and hopefully this will only help boost it up even more. He has even sold 2 books in Japan, and is VERY excited about that as well!  Unfortunately, they don't put all the articles online, so you can't read it anywhere but in the actual magazine.  You will just have to use your imagination to picture how awesome it is!  So anyway, I just wanted to share Nate's exciting news. If you happen to be in the market for a book about contest fiddling, or know someone who is, here is the link to his website: Championship Contest Fiddling.

7 comments:

jillian said...

Ummmm AWESOME! Yay Nate!

Lindsay said...

Congrats to Nate! He was always, by far, my favorite fiddler!

Gretchen said...

That is AWESOME!!!!! Congrats to you both!!

A Little Sass said...

Congratulations Nate! That is very cool.

whitney said...

nate, you're totally awesome! nice work.

Scott and Katie said...

How great is that! Nate is so talented! I'm so excited for him.

Chrissie said...

Way to go, Nate! Nate used to teach me fiddle; I'm so proud! By the way, I found out about your blog through my friend Shevaun. Incidentally, my husband served his mission in Sacramento, which is where you're from, I believe (?) I think we might have even stopped by your parents' house when my hubby and I were visiting his old mission. Great blog!