Monday, March 01, 2010

Welcome March!!!!!!!!

Yay! It's finally March!! I can't tell you how excited I am for this month to be here. For some reason, February just dragged on. I know that is hard to believe, seeing as how it's a short month... I think it's because I was expecting it to go by fast. But now, it's March, and there is lots to look forward to this month.

First, Sayer turns 2 tomorrow, which is just absolutely crazy. But I am so excited for the little guy to not be "almost 2" anymore. Speaking of Sayer, I stayed strong and he is now completely binky free. He had a rough first week, which probably had quite a bit to do with the fact that he got sick with ANOTHER cold right after I took it away. He struggled a lot more during the day than he did at night. He did take longer to fall asleep, but he is doing so much better, and only asks for it every couple of days, more just to test the waters I think. But he is all healthy and happy again these days. Not to mention that he is already talking SO much more. I knew the bink was holding him back.

Second, I am FINALLY 30 weeks today. This is actually a little depressing to me, as I feel enormous... much more enormous than I ever remember being at this point, and I still have 10 weeks to go. That feels like such a long time for this belly to grow. I have also just reached the point where sleeping is almost a chore because I am NEVER comfortable. But, other than that, I still have good energy during the day and am feeling great. Here is a belly picture that I actually took last week. I look super dorky, but you get the idea. I think I actually look a lot bigger today than in this picture. I guess I will have to take another one for you. So much for thinking that living in NYC would help me stay smaller during pregnancy. I guess when it is cold and miserable outside, you don't do as much walking.
Third, my mom and sisters are ALL coming to the east coast for a NYC/DC extravaganza! This will give me something to look forward to and hopefully take my mind off the 10 weeks looming before me, or at the very least, break them up a bit. For example: "in only 4 weeks, my family will be here, and I will be 34 weeks, then I will only have 4-6 more weeks to go!" (hopefully more like 4) See how that works? But either way, I am excited to see all my sisters as well as spend some time in DC sans kiddies.

And last but not least, March means we are closer to Spring and Easter!! It is still a little chilly and rainy in March, but I think we will also start seeing more and more sunny days, and as soon as this snow melts, you better believe we will be bundled up at the playgrounds. I am also excited for Easter too, which seems random, but my kids have been reading lots of Easter books and are really excited about it, so I'm excited for them.

So anyway, YAY for March! Happiness all around!

14 comments:

Alexandra and Benjamin said...

You do not look huge! You look too cute!!!!

Katie said...

Your belly looks tiny! I would love for you to see my 33 week belly right now, but there's NO WAY I'm posting a picture of it on the internet!

whitney said...

um, you do NOT look huge... totally tiny and cute. i'm sure you FEEL big, but you seriously look great!

Christina said...

I agree with Whitney! I am only 20 weeks and I look about the same as you do. I hope I am that small when I'm 30 weeks!

Michal Thompson said...

Amen, I am so excited it it March, cause now I can say my due date it next month! Because I can't tell you how many strange looks and comments I get about how HUGE I am and I still have so far to go. I am like twice your size and only 4 weeks ahead! So sad! I wish that getting rid of a binky would make Corbin talk more! He doesn't at all.

Alys said...

I can't believe it is March. I bet you are excited for family to come visit. That makes it fun, and something else to look forward to other than the baby.

IronLawGirl said...

Okay, that's a twenty week belly!!!

DaNae said...

I can't believe Sayer is 2 either! And you seriously look adorable and tiny! You were made to be pregnant girl.

Michael and Natalie said...

You don't look big in the picture because you're not big. You actually look very, very good...If only we could all be so lucky during pregnancy...

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

You are TINY girl.. Seriously. Please bless I look like you in 5 weeks :) Hooray for fun things to look forward to! And I can't WAIT to meet this little guy :)

The Kneese's said...

You look so cute!! You may feel bigger but you certainly don't look it! I only wish that my belly was that small! I am with you on the whole "hurry up spring" thing, though!

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Ok, so you might FEEL big, but you seriously LOOK amazing to me for 30 weeks. I can't believe you are that far along - 10 more weeks is nothing - it'll fly by so fast (at least for me!!)

Lauren said...

you look great. I'm 17 weeks and SWEAR I'm bigger than you. your input on the picture makes me a little more agreeable to taking a sideways pic, I haven't brought myself to do it yet. :) again, you look great!

Anonymous said...

How did I miss that you are pregnant???? I guess I need to keep up with blogs a little more! Congrats, and we are so sorry we didn't get to see you guys when we were in NY...maybe the next time!!