Monday, February 26, 2007

Let the good times roll...

This past week, we had the great pleasure of being host to both the Olson and the Busath fams. The Olsons came in on Thursday evening and stayed until Saturday afternoon. Heidi made her mandatory visits to "the Dillard", her favorite store. I have to say, I have the cutest mother-in-law in the world. Every time she comes to Utah, she hits every Dillard in the valley, to make sure that she is not missing out on any amazing deals. We had fun with them, dining at the Training Table and Goodwood BBQ, and staying up and talking about many a random topic. My sisters had a random week off of school, so they came to play. They got in last Friday night, the 17th I believe, and then we went for our ten mile run on Saturday, all five of us. Very fun! Also very hard! On Monday, the girls went to see "Because I said so" which was very fun. Maybe we all liked it so much because it reminds us of our own mother, hehe!:) Just kidding mom, you know we love you!!! The evenings were filled with delicious food and rousing games of catch phrase, oodles, guesstures, and rigamorole (or something like that). We found that we are all very easily entertained, and well, crazy! Here are a few pictures that capture the good times as well as the weirdness!



























On Wednesday morning, I left with my family for a little trip to Sactown. Asher has not been a very good traveller so far. He hardly slept at all in the car, which made for a very rough week. But he had fun with Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Lexi and Aunt Hailey. He is quite the little charmer. He loves to give his biggest, best smile for anyone who will dote on him. We went to Red Lobster with Grammy B and he sat in his little high chair and just looked around at everyone in the restaurant, smiling and squealing. I really think that he has already figured out how to "work it"! On Thursday I taught and Irish soft shoe dance that I choreographed for my sisters' dance group. I thought it was quite a fun little dance, if I do say so myself. Thursday was also a very big night on Grey's Anatomy. So in order to not to delay the suspense longer than necessary, I had Grandma B record it for me and picked it up after the Galena rehearsal. Don't worry everyone, Merideth is alive and well. Although I don't know how realistic the whole thing was, I am glad that her and McDreamy are reunited once again! On Saturday, I taught a clogging dance to Galena, came home and ran 7 miles with dad (Hailey, sadley was unable to join us due to an infected blister. She hobbled around quite pathetically all week:). JK Hailey, I know it was really painful!), then lounged about for the rest of the evening. I watched Jane Austen's "In Persuasion" for the first time. I have to say, I'm a fan. That Jane Austen sure knew what she was doing!!
I found myself feeling very nostalgic this weekend as I drove around Sacramento. It brought back so many memories of High School and other important areas of my life. For example, I passed the Lyons resaurant down the street from El Camino where I would go for breakfast on the occasion that I would excuse myself (not ditch!) first period AP Econ. Also in that area, Country Club Plaza, where a few caring friends and I "borrowed" a fake tree (just a little one) to present to one of our best friends in the Hospital. Oh, it makes me smile! I drove past Arden Hills, where I worked for a few years, El Camino, Arcade and Cowan, my Alma maters. Everytime I make the drive downtown to the Studio, (which I think I could make in my sleep), I remember the good old Galena days. And when Dad and I ran through the old paper routes, it reminded me of the not so good days! Oh..."I never had a care, in Sacramento...joy was everywhere in Sacramento..." Come on people, let's let the good times roll. Anyone who wishes to leave a comment about the "good old days", please feel free! If you've been feeling nostalgic about something, please do share. Mom, dad, Galena, Mission Oak Ward, El Camino, thanks for the memories!!

1 comment:

Alexandra and Benjamin said...

Morgan, I completely feel ya on the nostalgic Sacramento sites... I saw folk dancers on Monday night and I was feeling a little sentimental then too. I saw Laura Bates! She is back from her mission and cute as ever.