Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Nutcracker


Nate and I went to see the New York City Ballet's The Nutcracker last Saturday. I was so excited to see this, as I have never been to a performance of the Nutcracker, except to a shortened version when I was in elementary school. We have the SF Ballet version on tape which I have watched many times, so I was thinking to compare it to that. Nate and I were both a little disappointed. The dancers were excellent and everything, but it wasn't very exciting, and there wasn't enough company dancing. Little kids did a lot of the choreography, which makes it a fun show for kids, but not so much for people looking to see awesome dancing. Nate's opinion was that it was "perfectly boring". As in, excellent execution, but so what? Nothin' special. It almost put me to sleep. Sad.

I am definitely still glad that we went, as I was really sad that we missed it last year, and I think it is something that everyone should experience in NY at Christmas time at least once, but I don't think that I ever need to go again.

No comments: