Friday, September 14, 2007

Exciting news...

Well folks, I am excited to say that there is something NEW going on in my little life...about time! ;) As many of you know, I graduated in Recreation Therapy, but haven't worked in my field since I graduated. Well, that has always kind of bothered me, and I have always had this nagging little feeling that I should be doing something in that field. So, lately Nate and I have been talking about how good it would be for me to have some time for me to do something for myself, and to be able to get out of the house, so I mentioned that maybe I could get an on-call position at a residential treatment center. Nate is self-employed and has a very flexible schedule, so it makes it really easy for me to be able to leave Asher with him when I need to. So anyway, I got in touch with my old supervisor, Karie Swenson (who I love so much!), who now works for a new treatment center called Maple Lake Academy, and asked her if they were hiring. She was way pumped for me and helped me get in touch with the chick there who hires etc., I had an interview, and they called me a couple of days ago to tell me I was hired...yay!!! So I am required to work at least one 8 hour shift every 2 weeks, which is perfect. I think I will actually try work at least one shift a week, so I can have a little more exposure to the girls, which is always helpful. Nate is so excited to have some father-son, togetherness time, and I think it will actually be really good for both of them (Asher is SUCH a momma's boy...what can I say, he loves me!). Nate is also so supportive, he loves that I want to get out and do this. He also says that if I ever feel that this is getting in the way of me being the kind of mom I want to be, or if I ever feel like I am getting stressed for whatever reason, that I should quit, as we don't need the extra money, and it is always more important for me to be a mom. I love that I have a husband who feels just as strongly about the importance of motherhood as I do, and that it has never been a question whether or not I would be a stay at home mom. But I also love that he is so supportive of me trying new things and truly wants me to be successful in every way that I want to be. What a wonderful husband I have...thanks babe, I love you!

So anyway, that is my exciting news, I went and got myself a little job! I am so excited to get back into this environment, which by the way is troubled youth: girls with drug and alcohol problems, depression, self-esteem, eating disorders, learning disbilities, etc. I start training next Tuesday evening, wish me luck!!

8 comments:

Josh and Michelle said...

Thats great Morgs, congrats. Its sounds really interesting.I think my friend Lisa worked there.

The Lambs said...

Just like good old New Haven days! I'm excited for you to get to use your rec tx skills! I am glad to have a shift in nursing every other week to use my brain other than singing the ABC's, but your right, motherhood is the best and most important. I'm super excited for you!

Lindsay said...

Congrats, Morgan. I am a big believer in moms doing such things. It can be such a sanity saver. And way to go in marrying such a supportive hubby too.

Melanie and Will said...

YAY for you!! Congrats, that's wonderful! And a big plus for the supportive hubby!! I'm sure you'll be great at your job!

Danielle said...

congrats morgan!!

Alexandra and Benjamin said...

Morgan, that is super! Go you!!!

Gretchen said...

Congratulations Morgan! That sounds like a really fulfilling way to spend some time away from home. I think you'll be an amazing role model for those girls!

Summer Adams said...

Yah, I've heard about this place. That is so awesome! CONGRATS to you! You'll love that little bit of break time to get out and do something other than mommy stuff and then be totally reenergized to go home and do yo thang :)