Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hairspray

So, I'm always a little behind on the times, but I finally went and saw the movie Hairspray on Monday...LOVED it!! I'm sorry, but I just LOOOOVE musicals, they make me so happy. Not only are most of them quite humerous and witty, but the music and singers and dancers are amazing. I sat there with a huge smile on my face the whole time. It makes me wish that I had been better at practicing for my voice lessons so that I could have some sort of range. All I want to do when I watch musicals is be a singer and dancer on broadway...if only. That's ok though, my life right now is pretty darn fantastic, so I can't complain, but it's fun to dream anyway!

Anyway...so I am here today to convert you all the the music of Hairspray (remember back in my running days how I said the song "you can't stop the beat" was my instant energy song?) Well, I have selected a youtube video (there was another one that I wanted to show you, but of course the owner wouldn't let me post it, retarded! It was a shorter version, but clearer. If you feel so inclined to watch that one as well, go to youtube.com and search you can't stop the beat, and it was the very first one) for your viewing and listening pleasure. Now, just so you know, my running version of this song from the original broadway recording, is a little faster and more upbeat and I think I like it better, but there weren't any good videos of it. Plus I am here to promote the wonderfully done movie, so. Also, I would just like to say that the girl that Amanda Bynes plays, Penny, in the musical is the biggest powerhouse as far as singing goes, so I was a little disappointed with the lack of amazing-ness in Amanda's voice. Oh well. And yes, that is John Travolta dancing around in a fat suit!!


Now how can you not want to get up and dance when you hear that music? I love it!!


This is another video just for fun, called Ladies Choice, sung by Link (played by Zac Efron, the same kid in HS Musical) It's a new song, so it's not on the broadway soundtrack.

5 comments:

The Wright Family said...

Hey, so I had to look at your blog...I like this template too! It's way more fun to have a fun template, huh? Anyway, if you figure out a way to not delete your links when you change it let me know. I hope your training went well, that's exciting that you are going to work. It makes me appreciate being home even more than I already do!

Em

mj said...

i have heard such good things about this movie and am DYING to see it. haven't found a few hours for myself, though...glad you gave it a good review. i sat here with a huge grin on my face while watching those video clips!!

Danielle said...

cool new blog page girly-

i will have to add hairspray to my "to see list"

DaNae said...

Your blog is so cute! I have been reading all of your past posts! So fun to hang out with you and Asher too!

Hannah said...

I like the new look!!

I loved that movie too. I am still trying to talk Jason into seeing it with me. I want to go again!!