Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Spokane vacay part 2

Ok, so I feel like I have neglected my blog, as well as all of yours, but I am back and ready to blog about our last couple of weeks. We had a fun 2 weeks in Spokane with Nate's family. **Pictures will follow... Nate had our camera in Ireland, so we used Lizza's, and so as soon as she emails them to me, I'll post them** I think it would be appropriate to name this trip the "battle of the two year olds". Man, it was pretty crazy having 3, two year olds in one household for over a week, and then 2, two year olds the rest of the time. There was a lot of pushing, toy stealing, screaming, hitting, crying, there was even an incident with Asher being put in a headlock (seriously, no joke!) by Parker, and he wasn't going to be letting go anytime soon. It was sad, but kind of funny at the same time. There may have been a little bit of laughing and having fun in there as well, but that was mostly when one of them was down for a nap, or during a rare moment when they just left each other alone. It, was awesome!

It was actually a nice trip for me, as I would have been very lonely in Provo without Nate. It also would have been super lame to not be able to go anywhere in the evenings, not even for a run, as there would have been no one to watch the kiddies. But as it was, there were plenty of people hanging out at the house, so it was never a problem to go running when the kids were asleep, and there was always someone to visit and laugh with. I took every opportunity to relax, and watched plenty of tv, as you can see from 2 of my most recent posts. It was great! Nate's sister Lizza is seriously amazing for letting so many people invade her home. (when I asked if it would be ok to come visit during this time, I had no idea that Andy and Kacey were planning a 2 week trip to spokane, for the same time, as well. Kierstin is living with Lizza and her husband Zach. Then, Mackay and Analee, and Bart and Erin decided they would come for a week as well, so it was everyone except Tyler (Analee's husband), Duffy and Tessa, and Nate) She even made sure there were meals for every lunch and dinner, and they were scrumptious! Lizza got me hooked on the food network, which I sadly can't watch at my house, as we don't have cable. But in NY we will have cable, so no worries! Lizza always inspires me to be more adventurous in my cooking, as well as to be a better mother. I have never seen anyone who could handle having 4 boys, ages 1-5, as well as her. She is such an example to me!

Anywho... we didn't do too much as far as activities in WA, we went swimming a couple of times, did the sprinklers a lot, took them to the arcade and mall playplace, and to the park a couple of times. But Asher was pretty content to hang out at the house as there were plenty of new toys, a sandbox, a swingset, a trampoline, and tons of bikes, scooters, and basketballs, to play with, to his little heart's content. By the way, basketball, or rather "baakeball", is his new favorite word.

Nate flew into Spokane on July 2nd, spent one night there, and then flew home with me and the boys on the 3rd. Both boys slept on the plane, so that was a piece of cake. The whole trip was a success, and I am so grateful to Nate's family for putting up with, and entertaining us for 2 whole weeks. That's kind of a long time, although it didn't feel like it to me. I was actually not quite ready to leave, and kind of sad. Usually, after such a long trip, I am done, and ready to be at my own house, but the Olson's are super laid back, and just fun. So thanks again, Chris and Heidi, Kierstin for letting me sleep in your bed, and especially Lizza, for taking such good care of us! Miss you all! Well, I think it's safe to say that Asher won't miss Parker for quite some time, and visa versa, I'm sure! ;)

No comments: