Saturday, April 16, 2011

6 down, 2 to go!

Nate is in London this week presenting at a Music Ed conference {we are pretty proud!}, so it's just me and the kiddos.  It's actually been great, which I knew it would be if I had a good attitude about it.  The kids have been great for the most part, I have been extremely patient {except when Asher ran into the road after his scooter}, and I have had some nice time to myself in the evenings to reflect and figure some things out that have been on my mind.  We have kept busy, with schlepping the kids to and from Asher's preschool, running errands {including a trip to target with friends.  Going to costco and target here is like a special occasion because it's such a trek... all the way on the east side!!}, and enjoying the park when the weather has been nice.

My neighbor and dear friend Clare has been so sweet to do some swaps with me so we could each take time away from the kids, which I used to go running.  I haven't been overly stressed out or anything, but it has been a few days of being with all 3 boys non-stop, so this evening I went running... in the rain, and it was just what I needed.  I don't know why, but there was something about running in the pouring rain and getting soaking wet, that just added to my happiness and rejuvenation.  It was perfect.  Plus I felt great and fast, which is always a bonus! :)

I just put the last kid down for the night, and couldn't help doing a little celebratory dance as soon as the door was closed.  I even put my arms in the air in a show of victory, similar to what Brad Pitt does in The Mexican while saying "I'm the winner".  Then I realized that I only have 2 more nights until Nate comes home.  I've got this in the bag!  Well, I guess I still have to get through Sacrament meeting by myself tomorrow, so maybe I'll wait to celebrate.  And now for some down time, which will most likely include catching up on some conference talks, reading a bit more of Mansfield Park, and probably a Hulu show or two, all while listening to the rain and sipping a nice beverage. 

2 comments:

whitney said...

you rock morg. i totally know that feeling of victory of getting through the day and doing so much by myself when ben is out of town and its awesome. keep on truckin'.

Michal Thompson said...

It is nice every one in a while.. . reminds you that you are strong and you can do it all, with some alone time! Makes your heart grow fonder too. I agree with the stroller deal- keep them in as long as you can in a big city!