Saturday, July 16, 2011

29 years

Happy Birthday to me!
 (yesterday)
I had an absolutely fantastic day yesterday.  Nate let me sleep in as long as I wanted, which was 9:30, by the way.  The best part was that I didn't even feel guilty about it.   I woke up to donuts, chocolate milk, juice and a card from a friend.  Lovely.  I'm such a sucker for donuts.  I gave myself permission to take the day off of working out, mostly due to the fact that my body was wasted, more than the fact that it was my birthday.  I headed off to Macy's to get some shoes.  Shopped around a bit.  Then headed up to 73rd and Columbus to the cutest little cafe that I have always wanted to eat at, but is not really kid friendly.  I sat outside, read my book, ate lunch, sipped an ice cold beverage.  It was wonderful.  When I got home, my neighbor called and offered to take my boys for me, so I sent them to her house and then spent the rest of the afternoon baking a cake and cupcakes for Asher's friend's birthday party that was this morning.  In the evening, Nate took me out to Oliva, a spanish restaurant on Houston St.  It was good.  After dinner we stopped at the Little Cupcake Bakeshop for some treats.  They were playing a bluegrass cd and Nate wanted to see what it was, so he asked the girl behind the counter what the cd was, and she looked at him like he was stupid and said "bluegrass".  Nate just nodded his head and said "oooohhh" like he had never heard of it before.  When I got home, I had to make some frosting and frost the cake so it could set up overnight.  Just as I finished up, my parents called.  It was nice to chat.  

It was a great day.  I felt loved and remembered.  That was nice, and made turning 29 that much sweeter.

If you forgot my birthday, don't fret.  You can just pop right over here and leave me a "birthday present" in the name of charity.  $1. $5. $10. $20. $50.  Whatever you can give. :)



No comments: