Saturday, June 14, 2008

New toys...

Check out my awesome yard sale finds...

Asher, enjoying his new sandbox and picnic table

On my way home from the 5k, this family was just setting out their yard sale stuff, and I saw this little turtle sandbox, that looked in good shape. Nate and I have been talking about getting Asher a sandbox to play in, and this looked perfect. So I turned around, and the lady said it was $5... what a deal. I told her I didn't have my money with me, but that I would be back to get it, so she put it aside for me. When I went to go pick it up, this other lady was trying to fit that picnic table (also in great shape) in her toyota corolla... hello, I don't think so! So when she drove off, I asked how much that was, and they said $5... I'll take it! So I went and dropped off the sandbox, then went back to get the table. The guy even threw in a bag of sandbox sand they had and weren't going to use anymore... what a guy!

So, now Asher has a fun deck to play on, all for only $10!!

7 comments:

Bethanne said...

YEA! We love good yard sale finds...I can't wait until the 28th of this month. Our neighborhood is having a community-wide yard sale! :) I can't wait...although I'm not sure I will be able to get Dan to go with me. My mom and I used to hit yard sales all the time growing up! Good times!

Sarah said...

WHAT?!??! That's amazing. And they look good, too. What a find, especially in Utah. It seems like something like that would go fast. You are sooo lucky!!

Porters said...

so jealous...! that is great, good for you to find those!

jillian said...

how splendid! asher must love his new toys:)

Lant Family said...

Oh man, I am SO jealous. You got way lucky. I feel like I am constanly checking craigs list for fun things like that and I have yet to get a good deal or find anything for that matter. When do you guys leave for NY? Are you going to move all your stuff or are you going to sell a bunch? Yeah we were at the Veterans pool. We love that pool, I think it is the best. It is only $3 to get in, you can buy a punch pass and I think you save a little bit of money. Yeah we should meet up there this summer. Lucy loves it.

jularun7 said...

sweet sauce morgan!! you scored!

Orange Peanut said...

I love yard sales! Nothing beats a good deal!