Tuesday, June 03, 2008

3 months already?

3 months old!

I think he looks like his cousin Kadin in this picture

I don't know where the time has gone, but Sayer is already 3 months old. He has turned into such a happy little guy. His tummy troubles are almost a thing of the past, and he loves to smile and coo, and just be content. He is also starting to put himself to sleep for naps and bedtime, which is a dream! He still won't really sleep on a flat surface, so he has graduated from sleeping in the bouncer to sleeping in his carseat. I, of course, think he is absolutely adorable, though I am not biased at all! ;) The pictures above are the only ones where is he is actually 3 months, the others were just too cute to not be shared!


I love this picture! He is looking at Asher, and the look on his face looks like he is thinking: "What, are you doing?!"

Mr. Big eyes!

Just look at that precious face, and those adorable dimples!


In other news...

this kid...


Taken this morning

...is lucky to be alive after today... really lucky. He has been an absolute terror. Infact, he is in his crib, seriously screaming at the top of his lungs right now, making himself hoarse. So technically, he still might not make it to tomorrow. Just kidding, really!! (Don't worry, I would never really hurt my child, lest you think you need to turn me into CPS!!)

He was sick this last weekend with a really high fever for a couple of days, so of course, we coddled him a lot and gave him special treatment... he also didn't sleep very well, so as a result, he is so tired. On top of that, since he is feeling better, I went back to not letting him have his binky during the day (the never ending saga of the "bee-dee"), and he was not happy about that. He has been asking for it all day today and throwing tantrum after tantrum. We went to the library tonight to get some books, and on the way home, more screaming. So I told him when we got home, it was dinner, bath, bed. He was in bed by 6:00 pm. Usually when we do that, he will sleep uninterrupted until morning, but tonight, he woke up an hour later wanting to get up and play, and I was like, "no way buddy!" So he has basically been crying/screaming for the past 3 hours. Well, off and on actually. At first, we started going in there to calm him down, and even read some more books, but then we decided to nip this in the bud, and just let him cry/scream it out. I have really been trying to not give in to his tantrums, as they have been a little more frequent, and I want him to know that they don't produce results. I have also been trying to give extra praise and attention when he is being nice and obeying, etc. He is generally such a sweet little boy, but when he gets mad... watch out!

Ok, so he
just stopped! He probably pooped himself out from crying his brains out. Poor little guy. It does break my heart to listen to him crying like that, but I want him to know who's boss!

9 comments:

jularun7 said...

what a CUTIE!!!
and i hope asher is feeling ok ...... :)

Amy said...

I love 3 mo. old babies! It's like they are a whole new child over night. I bet you are enjoying every moment with him.

Josh and Michelle said...

Sayer is adorable I totally see you in the first picture.

Heather said...

Sayer looks so much older. It makes me realize I haven't seen you in a long time! We should totally get together, maybe the park or swimming pool (whenever the rain stops :). I totally feel for you with the discipline thing. I think it's so hard at this age. But it sounds like you're doing a good job!

Ashley said...

Sayer is so cute! I can't believe it's been 3 months.. crazy! I can't wait for my little guy to start smiling, those smiles are priceless!

As for Asher,I'm sorry he's been sick, thats always hard. But I'm all for letting them cry it out, no matter what age. I think it's so important for them to learn to soothe themselves, even though it's painfully difficult for the parent to not run in and rescue them. There's definitely a place and a time to do that, but it's not going to hurt to let them cry either... Good job:)

MYHowderFamily said...

Stop bye your site to catch up with you and Nate. Looks like all is well and family is growing. We are all well in NC. Love reading your blog and seeing your parenting style. It's harder than we thought but the rewards are great. FYI these years are actually easy. Only gets more demanding. Well I have a ton to do just was called at YW president in our new ward (our ward split a couple weeks ago) Give kisses to those boys of yours. Love to all.

Bethanne said...

I LOVE those last two pictures of Sayer (OMIGOSH!)...So cute.

Oh don't we all have those days with our kiddos like you've had with Asher! Parenthood is hard...seriously hard. But good for you for not giving in! :) Just remember what a sweetheart he is normally and that should help you thru the tough times. Because if he is anything like mine, one day he'll be stinker but the next he'll be an angel. Logical? Nah. But they love US unconditionally (regardless of our "weaknesses") and so we owe them at least that much in return, right?! :) I love my stinkers too!

Lark said...

These past 3 months have totally gone by so fast! Sayer is adorable, and so is Asher...those tantrums...ah the joys of having more than one kid.

Jenn said...

Wow! I can't believe how big your kids are! Sayer sure is adorable--I love the dimples!

Anjuli is going through a big "NO!" stage... I fear the terrible 2's have started early... but for the most part she is a sweetheart :) Glad to hear you're doing so well!