Saturday, February 12, 2011


Yes, Thanksgiving. And after this I will be posting about Halloween, and possibly some other stuff that may, or may not have taken place 4-5 months ago. No big deal.

Thanksgiving was awesome. Jillian graced us with her presence which was lovely, as always. She was a super good sport to help me drag the kids all sorts of places, up and down subway steps and everything. She also mentioned that she was amazed at how patient I am with my kids. I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or be offended. I think I'm gonna go with compliment, because it's always a good day when someone describes you as patient, right? :)

The day before Thanksgiving, we hit up the Museum of Natural History, because Jill had never been, and I thought it was such a clever idea to go there and then just walk right outside and see the parade balloons getting blown up. I don't know why I always think that I am the only person in NYC that has these amazing ideas, because there are, of course, about a million other people that are having that exact same thought. It kinda sucks. But we had fun showing Jill the ginormous gray whale hanging from the ceiling, and ooo and aaah-ing over the origami christmas tree.

After the museum, we did indeed head out to see the balloons, which is always fun and exciting. The next morning Jill and I woke up at 5am, or sometime around there, to go save seats for the parade. Again, I'm always sure that there can't be that many people thinking the exact. same. thing. There were. We were lucky to find a patch of sidewalk up against the railing. Well, technically there was a couple that was right in front of us, but they were gracious enough to let our kids stand by them. The highlight of the parade for me was watching Jimmy Fallon wave to my kids. Probably because he heard some loud girl screaming "It's Jimmy Fallon! It's Jimmy Fallon!" coming from our general direction. I'm not saying it was me, but I do love me some Jimmy Fallon! I always love the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It was totally worth getting up before the crack of dawn, and dealing with some of the rudest people in the world. The most amazing thing to me, was once the parade had passed us, how quickly the crowd dispersed. They're not kidding around.

When we got home, I was so exhausted, so we all took naps. I usually can't sleep during the day, but I was out like a light. But I had to wake up to make the paper bag turkey for the kids and bake the rolls. We had a big dinner with several families in our building and in our ward. It was really nice to be with close friends, even though the room we reserved was much too small for all of us, and I didn't get to sit and relax really at all. Oh well. We have so much to be thankful for, truly.
Origami tree at Museum of Natural History

Gazing up at the tree

Heading out to look at the balloons getting blown up

Me and Jill saving spots before the parade

Smurf hats...

Friend Emilee with me and Jill

Nate brought the boys right before the parade started.

Mmmmm... donuts!

Barty.  Angel child.

Sayer liked to take a few bites out of the donuts and put them back in the box.  Yummy.

Lookin' good Joan Rivers.  Really.

My favorite float

Asher loved the parade.  Both boys did actually.  I was a little surprised actually how into it they were.  A happy surprise.

The end.

No comments: