Sunday, September 04, 2011

How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying


Wow. This is a big deal for me.... I am actually blogging about something right after it happened.  You should all savor this moment.  Jill came in town and last night we went and saw How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, and I had to blog about it right away because it was that good.  I had a smile on my face from ear to ear the entire time.  It is such a fun, fast moving, witty show, and Daniel Radcliffe just stole the show. Seriously, Jill and I both agree that he was made for this role.  He sings and dances, and while his singing voice isn't "broadway amazing", it is very good, and on top of that, he just gives every moment of the show his absolute all.  I can't even describe it.  He was most definitely having the time of his life up there.  The big company dance numbers were so, SO fun.  All of the characters, particularly Bud Frump, were delightfully funny.  I don't often feel like I need to see a Broadway show more than one time, I would usually prefer to see a new show, but I would happily watch this over and over, it was so entertaining.  I am already hoping to take Nate to see it, and then my parents when they come in town in November, and anyone else who comes into town and wants to see it.  Daniel will only be in it until December, so I've got to squeeze as many viewings in as possible. Thanks to our rush tickets (for $30) we were in like the 7th row, which just made it even better to be so close and see how much energy they were putting into everything.  I. loved it.  A must see.  Hopefully I am not talking it up too much, but I just had to say how much I loved this show.  5 stars!!!! 

4 comments:

mj said...

morgs, i think we're coming in october and november (probably over thanksgiving) and then i might come another time. i'd love to see some shows with you...and i don't remember how to get the rush tickets...

Michal Thompson said...

this is the only musical I was ever in in HS, it was fun!

Lisa Busath said...

We will definitely see it in November when we come for the marathon -- can't wait!

Sara Newton said...

Morgan, my husband went to see that show last night and LOVED it! And he doesn't usually get super energetic about things, but said Daniel Radcliffe was excellent as well. So you aren't the only one who loved this show!