Thursday, October 08, 2009

Baby shower

Two Saturdays ago, some friends and I threw a baby shower for our friend Jill. She mostly just wanted children's books, so we decided to go with a "Bedtime Stories" theme. I got the idea from this Hostess from the Mostess post. It was a lot of fun to plan. I did the table spread, the rolls and the cupcakes (my poor meringue didn't set up. i hate when that happens. So they looked pretty miserable, but tasted fine), and the other two ladies did the party favors, pineapple banana drink (so good), greek chicken salad, and creme brulee french toast. YUM!! Thank you to Tara who helped me use the extra fabric to sew little pillow covers. I was pretty pleased with the way it all looked. My problem is that I always have these awesome visions, but I am not that great at executing them. Oh well, I can only get better with more practice. Aside from the food and decor, the shower was wonderful. Jill is pretty much the sweetest and cutest little thing you have ever met. She is a patient one and didn't find out the sex of the baby! I guess we will find out in about a week or so. Good luck Jill!
The spread. It's supposed to be a bed by the way

The planners and Jill


And all the cute ladies at the shower...




3 comments:

whitney said...

oh my cute! nice work morg!

Michal Thompson said...

Cute, cute, cute! The fact that you even try to execute something so amazing is great!

Jill said...

you are wonderful morgan! thank you so much for all that you did. the shower was awesome, and personally i think it couldn't have been better.