Saturday, October 31, 2009

A "mommy" chicken and a baby chicky

(Don't mind Asher's already chocolately face and totally shaggy hair)

In case you were wondering, Sayer is the "mommy" and Asher is the baby. When I asked Asher what he wanted to be for Halloween, he told me he wanted to be a baby chicky. Ever since he saw Peter and the Wolf he has been obsessed with pretending to be the wolf and baby chicky. I was surprised that he stayed consistent with this request to be a baby chicky for halloween, so I decided to go ahead and make him a costume. Thankfully they opened a new Michael's a short 20 blocks away from my house on October 25, so I was actually able to get the things I needed.

Asher was actually excited to go trick or treating this year, and totally understood what was going on. He was a little shy at first, but he caught on quickly and got into the groove. He was very insistent that he wasn't a duck or a chicken or big bird, he was a baby chicky. Maybe next year, he won't want to open every single piece of candy as he gets it. He also took his sweet time deciding which piece of candy he would pick from people's bowls. I loved it when people would just give him a handful and be done with it. I've never seen such a picky 3 year old. One house only had candy corns, and he said, "no, I don't want any candy corns" with a look of disgust on his face. Awesome.

The orange tights were my favorite!

This is Asher making his "baby chicky" noises and hand motions.

Poor Sayer was sick and miserable today. He looks thrilled, doesn't he?

Daddy and Sayer at the building Halloween party

My neighbor Debbie and Asher. Asher loves Debbie anyway, but he kept trying to find her at the party and asking her to hold him. Then he would hug her and say she was such a cute kitty cat and make all these cute little noises. He is so funny.
Asher, Debbie and Peter

Asher's post-party outfit. Showing me my marathon medal that was supposed to be part of my costume, but he never actually let me wear it.

I made delicious and cute sugar cookies and adorable mummies in a blanket for the party, but of course, I didn't take any pictures of them. Oh well. It all turned out really well I think.

No comments: