Saturday, October 17, 2009

Ramen makes angry kids happy

That's right, I fed my kids ramen noodles for lunch today. It really is a shame that they are so bad for you, because I love 'em. What can I say? I grew up on ramen, so it's just one of those things I love that I shouldn't. I don't give them to my kids very often at all, but they were being little monsters, and I knew that ramen would quiet them up... they love eating the long noodles. It was amazing. One second they were screaming like wild children, the next minute, was this:

The ironic thing is that they were going crazy because I was neglecting them, so I could finish making these muffins that I was going out of my way to make more healthy, by adding squash, applesauce, and oats. Oh well. It's dark and cold outside today. A perfect day for hot noodles and muffins!

8 comments:

Alys said...

I actually like ramen, too. It grosses Sean out. I really only eat it occasionally, but when I do it is good.

mj said...

I love ramen. And I love that Tommy used to call me Ramen because it's my name mixed up. :)

Lant Family said...

I love ramen--When I was pregnant with Lucy it was like all I could eat. Who doesn't love some long noodles? I should get some for Lucy, I bet she would love it.

Michal Thompson said...

just add some veggies next time and you won't feel bad!

breckster said...

Reuben was on the computer, but I hadn't set it to anything yet. I asked him what he was doing, and he said, "Reading Asher's blog."

Our homepage is our blog, and he happened to click on your link. he was pretty content to scroll through it for at least 15 minutes.

Now that I know he can access the internet without me, I'll be removing the google ads from my blog, just in case it is a link to something Reuben shouldn't be looking at.

Breanne said...

That is pretty entertaining - ramen during ultra healthy muffin making. Perfect!
Balance right!

And you're right, Ramen is good - and can definitely hit the spot!

Hey, check out my latest post if you get a chance and haven't - I think you'd enjoy our latest project - or go to www.urbanpolkadot.com - a modern childrens furniture line we're starting ...

fun fun

.. Hope all is well!

di said...

yum ramen!! morgan - natalie sent me your vid link about swaddling...it is a lifesaver! (tell your father-in-law another pediatrician thanks him!) we had stopped swaddling because she was already busting out...but now we double swaddle and she is so happy and sleeps so soundly! yay! thank you!!

Bethanne said...

Oh, yeah. Every now and then Ramen is like the best stuff on the planet. Yum-o!